A set of 25 polished translucent acrylic blocks with a plane mirror, work cards and teacher’s notes included. The smooth colourful tactile blocks are designed to enable children to build patterns and sequences as well as create imaginative pictures:
- Regular polygons to help with mathematical language and the understanding of shapes and forms (square, triangle, oblong, circle, ellipse)
- Irregular shapes to enable more complex pictures to be made and to encourage a rich diversity of language such as wave, zigzag, arch, bridge etc
- Plane mirror for children to build patterns and see the effects of reflective symmetry
- Coloured and clear blocks so children can see the world in a different hue, overlay them to mix new colour combinations and use them on a light panel
- 15 pupil work cards from simple ideas to more complex challenges. There are pictures to copy in 2D or 3D, shape sequences to solve and ideas for reflective symmetry work.
- Teacher’s guide including background information, suggested activities to try, questions to ask the children and extension ideas.
The Acrylic Block Set comes in a robust card box with key guide for the easy return of pieces and foam inserts to protect and store the blocks safely.
Supports the following areas of learning:
- Understanding the World - colour
- Physical Development - motor skills
- Maths - shape & space
- Personal Development - collaborative play
- Communication & Language - descriptive language
PPS Awards - what the testers said:
"Lovely, bright, translucent colours that were immediately appealing and awesome on the light box! Tactile shapes and the addition of the mirror extended the learning and play value."
Set includes 25 blocks, 15 A4 work cards, 1 acrylic plane mirror and teachers' guide. Mirror: 160 x 320 mm. Largest block height: 80 mm. 3+